-->

ICC 2010 – Cross-Layer Mixed Bias Scheduling for Wireless Mesh Networks

This post is somewhat motivated by Prof. Andrew Eckford’s post that encourages graduate students and faculty members to post more about their work on sites like Twitter. Since I attended the same conference (ICC 2010), I thought it would be good to share a bit about my presentation and my experience at the conference.
While I don’t have a video for you to watch the entire presentation, I do have some pictures, and I’ll post the paper and slides I presented in case any one is interested. If you have any questions feel free to post on here or email me directly and I’ll be happy to answer any of them.

J.B. Ernst and M.K. Denko, “Cross-Layer Mixed Bias Scheduling for Wireless Mesh Networks,” in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), Cape Town, South Africa, 2010.
ICC 2010 - Jason Ernst
Abstract—In this paper we propose a mixed bias approach which makes use of cross layer optimization. The cross-layer parameters are based on conditions in the network from multiple layers and are used to determine resource and time allocation for nodes in the network. Unlike existing proposals, we propose to bias against several parameters such as link quality and queue size in addition to node distance. We also propose a combined mixed bias approach which takes into account multiple parameters together. The scheme is evaluated using simulation experiments. The performance results are reported in this paper.

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter